Most of us have been on a type of diet at some point in our life.
Diets are good and bad.
Diets control your portion sizes but are often hard to stick to.
You end up getting bored with it and resort to your old eating habits.
For some people, diets do work. For others, not so much.
Losing weight is hard, there is no doubt about that.
Here are some simple things you can do to lose weight and keep it off!
1. Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day minimum
2. Avoid all processed foods including bagged, boxed, packaged and canned. Also avoid all fast foods.
3. Limit sugar intake to under 35 grams per day. No sodas or juices.
4. Avoid dairy. I avoid dairy except for greek yogurt.
5. Eat Healthy FATS. Healthy fats come from real butter, avocados, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, omega 3’s. Unfortunately, the American diet has a higher ratio of Omega 6’s which can cause inflammation.
6. Don’t eat fast food! If you find yourself in a pinch and need something quick, stop by the store and grab a protein bar or a protein shake with sugar under 15 grams, choose hummus and carrrots or nuts.
7. Control your portions.
8. Chew your food longer and stop eating before you get full
9. EXERCISE!!!! You need to move your body! 3-5x per week
10. Supplementation-I use some fabulous products that have taken my health to the next level. Click here to find out more Here
11. Eat protein! About 3/4 of your body weight in grams of protein per day
12. Avoid all gluten-A study showed that after eating gluten, you have leaky gut for hours!
If you are ready to improve your health, your fitness and your mindset check out my Fitastic 40 Health & Fitness Coaching Program here!
Disclaimer: Always consult your physician prior to making any dietary changes.